Alberta Lawyer Explains Motor Vehicle Administration Claims Fund

This video features Steve Grover, a Personal Injury attorney based in Alberta, Canada.

Calgary Car Accident Lawyer Steve Grover

Video Transcript:

Rob Rosenthal: 

What is the Motor Vehicle Administration Claims Fund and how does it work? Let's find out by asking Calgary lawyer Steve Grover for this Ask The Lawyers Quick Question.

Steve Grover: 

In Alberta, we have the Motor Vehicle Administration Claims Fund. It's set up by statute, by legislation. And if you or yourself were injured in an accident, where it's a hit-and-run accident, where the party hits your car or strikes you as a pedestrian or as a bicyclist or a motorcyclist and takes off, or the other party unfortunately doesn't have insurance... It is a law in Alberta to have insurance, then your lawyer has 90 days from the day of the accident to notify the Motor Vehicle Administration Fund in Edmonton, and that's just set up as a reserve fund. Every time you register your car or truck in Alberta, there's a portion of that money that goes to this fund in Alberta for hit-and-run claims or if the other party doesn't have insurance so you have to hire a lawyer to make a claim against the fund, and the most money you can recover against the fund in Alberta is $200,000.

Disclaimer: This video is for informational purposes only. In some states, this video may be deemed Lawyer Advertising. The choice of lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements.


© 1999-2022™

Terms and Conditions / Privacy Policy /
Report an Issue

Legal Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. Use of this website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Information entered on this website is not confidential. This website has paid attorney advertising. Anyone choosing a lawyer must do their own independent research. By using this website, you agree to our additional Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.