Interview: What Happens When You File for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy?
What happens when you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy? In this video, bankruptcy lawyer David Shuster explains what you can expect if you're considering filing for Chapter 7.
Topics covered in this video:
- Why is there a stigma against filing for bankruptcy?
- How do people feel after their first meeting with a bankruptcy lawyer?
- How does Chapter 7 bankruptcy work step-by-step?
- Do you lose your assets if you file for bankruptcy?
- Under Texas, will you lose your house or car when you file for Chapter 7?
- What debts are dischargeable under Chapter 7?
- When should you ask a lawyer about bankruptcy?
- What does bankruptcy do to your credit?
Disclaimer: This video is for informational purposes only. In some states, this video may be deemed Attorney Advertising. The choice of lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements.